Baxi POS device has been on the hot search similarly to PalmPay android and Moneipoint. Suppose you are looking forward to getting a POS device for your business, in this article. In that case, you will understand Baxi POS machine requirements, how to register and become an agent, and the charges
Just recently POS agents have been making alot of money. Looking back at the 2023 general elections and the cashless policy which was imposed by CBN, one will agree that one of the few business owners that made a fortune during that harsh period was POS owners.
On this note, the demand for POS devices has been on the high rise and hence the purpose of this article. If you are looking forward to getting a device for yourself, Baxi POS might just be a good option for you.
Baxi is one of the largest independent non-bank SME-focused electronic payment networks in Nigeria operating an omnichannel platform that enables digital payments through mobile, in-store locations, online, wallets and b2b channels.
What Makes Baxi So Good?
Below is why Baxi is highly rated
- One-stop shop strategy
- A broad range of products and services
- Easy to use
- Friendly touch
As a micro-SME bank, Baxi comes with so many amazing features, these include;
1. Agency Banking
Baxi platform enables customers at the last mile to perform banking services at agent locations
2. Baxi Pay
Baxi Pay brings the convenience of a quick and easy-to-use payment platform to the fingertips of our customers, who can now pay for a wide range of products and services anywhere, anytime. The service allows users to process multiple bills in one transaction.
RIMS is an easy-to-use solution that enables retail owners, small and large businesses to better manage their inventory and ensure there is sufficient stock in retail locations to meet customer demand.
4. B2B Channel
Baxi has a B2B (Business-2-Business) service, where, through a relatively simple integration. Through our B2B services, our clients can now access and market our products and services through their own channels, providing immediate scalability, income generation and growth opportunities.
Read Also: KipperPay POS Features
Is Baxi Licensed by CBN?
Yes, Baxi is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) through its parent company Capricorn Digital Limited (CDL).
How To Become Baxi Box POS Agent (Requirements)
Becoming a Baxi POS agent is not a difficult task to do.
Firstly, download the Baxi mobile App on the Google play store or Apple Store or purchase the Baxi POS online or offline via a sales representative.
You can look forward to the checklist below
- Baxi device registration fee
- Provision of two passport-size photographs.
- Photocopy of a valid driver’s license or Permanent Voters Card OR International Passport Data Page
- Bank Account details
- Photocopy of Certificate of Incorporation & FORM CAC 2&7 OR Business Name Certificate and CAC Registration Form. (Where applicable)
- Photocopy of the proof of Payment for the device
- One completed Guarantor’s form
- Completed filled Agreement form
- 3 hours of compulsory training on the platform and CDL Monitoring/Management software.
Once you meet up with these documents and requirements, you will be approved to become an agent.
Read Also: Kudi POS Agent Requirements
How To Apply For Baxi POS Machine (Requirements)
Below is how to get the Baxi POS device for your business,
- Download the Baxi App (search for Baxi Mobile), or visit Baxi website.
- With your phone number, register an agent account
- Upgrade your account to Baxi Pro using your BVN
- Request for Baxi mPOS or Andriod POS
- Fill out the Baxi POS registration form, and then submit it for review
Wait for 48 hours for the Baxi Box team to review your application. This usually takes anything from 24 to 48 hours. Your application will be approved once you meet the necessary requirements.
Alternatively, you can contact Baxi via
- Call: 01-7008571
- WhatsApp: 09080532234
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat- baxibox.com
- Online form on https://baxibox.com/baxi-pos/
- Social media: Facebook and Instagram -@baxi.com.ng; Twitter – @my_baxi
Baxi POS Charges
Just like other POS devices in the market, Baxi Box POS has its own charges per transaction with could be withdrawals or deposits
As an agent, below is how much you will earn from cash withdraws using the Baxi machine
- 0.55% for cash withdrawals of up to ₦20,000
- ₦100 flat rate from ₦20,000 to ₦100,000
- ₦150 rate from ₦100,000 upwards
- ₦30 flat rate applies to all cash deposits to any Nigerian bank
Commision for Transactions
- MTN airtime earns you 1.6%
- Airtel airtime earns you 1.76%
- Glo airtime earns you 2.8%
- 9mobile airtime earns you 2.8%
- DStv subscription earns you 1.2% to 1.4%
- GOtv subscription earns you 1.2% to 1.4%
- PHCN bill payments earn you 1.2%
Baxi POS Machine Current Price in Nigeria
Baxi has two types of PO;
- Android POS
Each of these devices comes at different prices.
The price of Baxi Android POS cost about ₦80,000, while the Baxi mPOS costs ₦30,000.
These are one-time payments for the Baxi Box POS machine outright purchase. There are no extra renewal fees or charges
Baxi also offers a more flexible way to acquire their mPOS machines. Here you’ll need to hire it, where you’ll pay a cautionary fee of ₦5,000. After that, you’ll pay ₦15,000 to get handed the device.
- Read Also: Dotpay POS Charges
Baxi POS Daily Target
Baxi offers one of the most seamless POS devices and services in Nigeria. Unlike other POS devices, baxi doesn’t have any daily target.
This means you can operate the device without the pressure of it getting seized or locked by the company if you can’t keep up with the target.
How To Fund Baxi Account
On Baxi, there are two basic ways to fund your account
- Bank transfer
- USSD Code
This first step of funding is done once you signup with Baxi. You will be given a bank account (either from Wema or Rolex Bank)
Copy the account number of the account from your Baxi app and send money to it with the amount you wish.
You can also fund your Baxi account via USSD through this step;
- Login your account
- Select Fund Account
- Click on USSD
- Select the sender’s bank
- Type in the prefered amount you wish to fund in your wallet
- Click on next
- Once done, a shortcode will be generated for you to proceed. Copy it and dial the USSD code
- Confirm the transaction with the phone number linked to your bank (sender)
Read Also: GT Bank POS Charges
How to Print Recharge Card With Baxi POS
You can Print recharge cards straight from your Baxi App.
For more information, check the video below
Baxi POS FAQs
Below are some frequently asked questions on Baxi
Is Baxi POS Good For Business?
Yes, Baxi POS offers one of the best Point of Sale Services for small businesses. Again, the device not having a daily target makes it a good choice for startup SMEs
Baxi has one of the lowest withdrawal charges among it competitors like Moneipoint
What is Baxi Pos Customer Care Number?
Does Baxi POS Have Problems?
One most common issues with Baxi Problem is the network. Though this only occurs occasionally and not every time. Regardless, the POS device will always serve your business
Baxi POS Chat Group
Unfortunately, there is no Baxi WhatsApp group. However, you can call or WhatsApp their customer care line above
Which Bank Owns Baxi?
Capricorn Digital Limited (CDL)
- Read Also: Apps to Transfer Airtime to Cash
Conclusion: Baxi Box POS Machine Requirements
In conclusion, If you are looking forward to getting a device for your Point of sale business, I hope this article has given you a blueprint into Baxi POS agent requirements, charges and commissions.
SEO Content Writer with over 4 years of experience in On-Page SEO which gained me an award for excellence.
This is my web space where I share helpful guides to help you earn money legitimately.
I register brands with CAC, create websites and offer Business Consultancy services. For business deals, contact me